Erin Stapleton, MEDes, MCIP, EP
I have been a project manager and associate with some of Canada’s most reputable environmental consulting firms. My clients included major players in the natural gas, electric utility and mining sectors. I've worked on natural gas pipelines, liquefied natural gas projects, electric transmission lines, power plants, onshore wind farms, marine terminals and mine expansions, from British Columbia to Newfoundland and Labrador.
As Director and Principal Consultant at Stapleton Environmental Consulting, I provide the same expertise as I've done for over a decade, but in a more personal, flexible and cost-effective package. I enjoy working with those who see environmental protection and community engagement as good business practice. I value ingenuity and like to collaborate with those who see opportunity where others may not. I truly love what I do and approach each project with enthusiasm.
- Master of Environmental Design (Planning), University of Calgary
- Bachelor of Science (Honours), Ecology, Memorial University
- Member of the Canadian Institute of Planners (MCIP)
- Certified Environmental Professional (EP) in Natural Resource Management
- Certificate of Completion - Planning for Effective Public Participation (IAP2)
- Certificate of Completion - Techniques for Effective Public Participation (IAP2)
- Certificate of Completion - Strategies for Dealing with Opposition and Outrage in Public Participation (IAP2)
- Certificate of Completion - Gender-Based Analysis Plus (Status of Women Canada)
- Director, Newfoundland and Labrador Environmental Industry Association
- Member, Wilderness and Ecological Reserves Advisory Council, Government of Newfoundland and Labrador
- Board Member, City of St. John’s Local Board of Appeal
- Mentor, Women in Science and Engineering - Newfoundland and Labrador